Sunday, November 27, 2011

One Food Filled Thanksgiving


omahasteaks
        
        This Thanksgiving week has been pretty hectic. I came back from Arizona with a billion tests to retake (I still do.) Then, when break hit, it was all cooking for me. Every year, we hold the family Thanksgiving Party. These parties usually consist of too much food, and me, having to entertain everyone on the piano. Usually when the guests arrive, we are still cooking and rushing around the kitchen.
         My dad and I are the only cooks in the family. So as usual, I was going to be in the kitchen with my dad this break...that is, until he got sick. The only person I had to look to was my Mom, and let's say I haven't had very good experiences with her cooking in the past (more on that in future blog posts.) But this Thanksgiving, she actually surprised us all. She made the Turkey perfectly, and for the first time ever, she made edible Hummus (a Papazian family staple usually made by my dad.) My dad, however, was able to make the stuffing, and the homemade noodles and homemade marinara that I use for lasagna (we didn't tell the guests though :).) This left me with the Lasagna (secret old Italian recipe :),) Wild Rice (I'll share this recipe, it surprised me when I first made it,) Cranberry sauce (secret ingredient: our homemade wine,) Bruschetta (also will share this recipe,) Spanikopita, and Gravy. I have no idea how I did it, but I actually made all the food on time. All in all, it was a great food-filled thanksgiving!       

No comments:

Post a Comment