Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Moonlight Sonata

(Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
Played by Vladamir Horowitz)

Ok so while we are on the topic of music (I told myself I wouldn't make this blog about music and look where it's headed,) I'd like to talk about how I got into piano. I started piano at four years old, and I despised it, mainly because I was forced to play. I never practiced, and by eighth grade, I was still playing out of children's books because I never bothered to practice. My mom asked my piano teacher one day if I could play Moonlight Sonata, and although I did not want to, the two of them forced me into it. The minute I started playing it, I loved the song so much, I actually practiced it. I ended up playing Moonlight Sonata so much, my mom now hates it. The reason I decided to post this today is because now I am at Music Institute of Chicago, and I am playing Moonlight Sonata with my new piano teacher for his upcoming recital, and I am just looking back at how far I've come.

Sorry I know this was a boring post :) More exciting posts to come, once I get used to the concept of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment